Acne Medication Market-Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023
Acne Medication Market by Drug Class (Antibiotics, Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Antimicrobials, Combination Drugs, Hormonal Agents, Oral Retinoids, and Topical Retinoids), Route of Administration (Topical and Oral), and Type (Prescription Drugs and OTC Drugs) - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023
- Report Number: 2015
- Publish Date: 20-May-2018
Acne is a long-term skin disease that appears because of clogged hair follicles, dead skin cells, and oil excreted from skin. It is characterized by presence of considerable number of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, oily skin, and probable scarring. It generally affects skin type with comparatively high number of sweat glands at upper part of chest, back, and face. Genetics is considered to be responsible in 80% of the acne-affected cases. The treatment options for acne include medical procedures, medications, and lifestyle changes.
Growth in incidences of acne and unhealthy urban lifestyle are expected to contribute towards market growth. In addition, increase in demand for acne treatment products and presence of robust medical products in the pipeline are anticipated to boost the demand for acne products. However, side effects of acne medication and presence of alternative treatments are expected to hinder the market growth.
The global acne medication market is segmented based on drug class, route of administration, type, and region. By drug class, it is classified into antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, antimicrobials, combination drugs, hormonal agents, oral retinoids, and topical retinoids. Based on route of administration, it is bifurcated into topical and oral. Based on type, it is divided into prescription drugs and OTC drugs. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed at the country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Pfizer, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Amgen, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Company, Mylan N.V., and Daiichi Sankyo Company, Ltd., are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global acne medication market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Acne Medication Market Key Segments:
By Drug Class
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
- Combination Drugs
- Hormonal Agents
- Oral Retinoids
- Topical Retinoids
By Route of Administration
- Prescription Drugs
- OTC Drugs
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Table Of Content
Chapter: 1 INTRODUCTION
1.1. REPORT DESCRIPTION
1.4.1. Secondary research
Chapter: 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1. CXO PERSPECTIVE
Chapter: 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1. MARKET DEFINITION AND SCOPE
3.2.1. Top investment pockets
3.3. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS, 2016
3.4.1. MARKET DYNAMICS
Chapter: 4 GLOBAL ACNE MEDICATION MARKET, BY DRUG CLASS
4.1.1. Market size and forecast
4.2.1. Key market trends
4.3. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS
4.3.1. Key market trends
4.4.1. Key market trends
4.5. COMBINATION DRUGS
4.5.1. Key market trends
4.6. HORMONAL AGENTS
4.6.1. Key market trends
4.7. ORAL RETINOIDS
4.7.1. Key market trends
4.8. TOPICAL RETINOIDS
4.8.1. Key market trends
Chapter: 5 GLOBAL ACNE MEDICATION MARKET, BY ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
5.1.1. Market size and forecast
5.2.1. Market size and forecast
5.3.1. Market size and forecast
Chapter: 6 GLOBAL ACNE MEDICATION MARKET, BY TYPE
6.1.1. Market size and forecast
6.2. PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
6.2.1. Market size and forecast
6.3. OTC DRUGS
6.3.1. Market size and forecast
Chapter: 7 ACNE MEDICATION MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2.1. Key market trends
18.104.22.168. U.S. market size and forecast
7.3.1. Key market trends
22.214.171.124. Germany market size and forecast
7.4.1. Key market trends
126.96.36.199. Japan market size and forecast
7.5.1. Key market trends
188.8.131.52. Brazil market size and forecast
Chapter: 8 COMPANY PROFILES
8.1. PFIZER, INC.
8.1.1. Operating business segments
8.2. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC
8.2.1. Operating business segments
8.3. NOVARTIS AG
8.3.1. Operating business segments
8.4. MERCK & CO. INC
8.4.1. Operating business segments
8.5. AMGEN, INC
8.5.1. Operating business segments
8.6. ABBOTT LABORATORIES
8.6.1. Operating business segments
8.7.1. Operating business segments
8.8. ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
8.8.1. Operating business segments
8.9. MYLAN N.V.
8.9.1. Operating business segments
8.10. DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LTD
8.10.1. Operating business segments
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Future Industry Insight (FII) encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With FII’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to: Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
Analyst tools and models
FII has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, FII’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.