Smart Electricity Meter Market – Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023
- Report Number: 180910900
The Smart Electricity Meters are replacing traditional electricity meters. Smart electricity meters facilitate the in line communication of electricity suppliers with consumers electricity meters eliminating the manual intervention in meter readings. Smart Electricity meters provide consumers with an accurate real time data of their energy consumption whilst rendering a greater control over electricity consumption. The smart electricity meters also help the consumer in selecting tariff plans tailored to fit their energy consumption.
The smart meter market is witnessing significant growth with favourable government mandates and fiscal incentives. Also additional benefits such as efficient energy management, controlled energy consumption and greater security against electricity theft will drive the smart meter market. Requirement of smart meters for every household represents the potential of the market. Growth of smart meter market will also drive the market for components and auxiliary equipment. However the higher installation cost and non-acceptance by user may restrain its market growth.
North America, China and Europe are the major hubs for the smart meter market. The key market players include Itron Inc, Landis+Gyr Ltd, GE Energy Company, Elster Group (Germany) and Sensus USA Inc.
This report outlines the current scenario of the smart electricity meter market, with an estimation of expected growth trends and an analysis of all the key factors influencing this market. It also describes the competitive scenario and its intensity in the near future along with a forecast of the global smart electricity meter market. The study also showcases all the segments covering this market on the basis of type of consumer and geography. Key players are profiled with detailed information on their business overview, product portfolio, financials, investments, news and recent developments.
- The report highlights a blueprint the global smart electricity meter market with an analysis of the current and future growth trends, driving factors, scope, opportunities and the challenges in the market
- The report also highlights the government policies regarding mandates along with fiscal incentives and their impact on the market
- The report provides a current market scenario with a forecast through 2014-2020, considering 2013 as the base year
- Porters Five Forces model is used to analyse the potency of buyers & suppliers, and highlights a competitive structure of the market, which would enable market players to develop effective strategies
- Key companies in the Smart Electricity Meters market are profiled along with their SWOT analysis
- Value chain analysis provides a systematic study of role of stakeholders involved in the value chain of the market such as suppliers, smart meter manufacturers and power generation and transmission and distribution operators
The market is segmented on the basis of End-User and Geography.
MARKET BY END-USER
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Itron Inc
- Landis+Gyr Ltd
- GE Energy Company
- Elster Group
- Sensus USA Inc
- Silver Spring
- Jiangsu Linyang
- Holley Metering
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Future Industry Insight (FII) encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With FII’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to: Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
Analyst tools and models
Future Industry Insight (FII) has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, FII’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.