World Malaria Diagnostics Market – Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023
- Report Number: 180910904
Malaria is caused by the Plasmodium parasites and is transmitted by the female anopheles mosquito. Diagnosis of malaria includes detection by microscopy and blood tests. According to the WHO, in 2012, there were an estimated 203 million cases of malaria, which resulted in an estimated 627,000 deaths. Accurate and early diagnosis of malaria is important as the patients recover rapidly if treatment is started early and this has spurred investments in diagnostic techniques. This has led to technological advancements in development of rapid diagnostic tests and is the major driver for growth of this market. The challenges faced by this market are in accelerating the acceptance of diagnostic tests and their use in diagnosis of malaria. WHO updated its guidelines for treatment of malaria and it recommends testing all suspected cases of malaria. Initiatives by global partners have been undertaken to provide universal access to diagnostic kits.
Malaria Diagnostics Market by Technique
Diagnosis of malaria is by use of Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDT’s), Molecular diagnostics and detection of parasites by microscopy. Malaria RDTs have revolutionized diagnosis of malaria and are in high demand. The tests are rapid with results available in 15- 30 minutes. The tests detect the presence of antigens of the malaria parasites. Different types of RDT’s are available for diagnosis, some detecting single species of plasmodium, while others are able to detect multiple species.
Malaria Diagnostics Market by Geography
Malaria diagnostic market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Row. Asia Pacific and RoW dominate this market, as the prevalence of malaria is high in these regions. Africa has a high prevalence of malaria and majority of deaths are reported in these regions.
The companies in this market include Beckman Coulter, bioMerieux, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Novartis Diagnostics, Seimens Healthcare, Ortho- Clinical Diagnostics and others. In April 2013, Lumora, a Molecular Diagnostic company, announced a partnership with Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND) for developing a rapid, high throughput malaria diagnostic assay that would allow screening on a large scale.
High Level Analysis
According to Porter’s five forces model, the bargaining power of the buyer is high in this market as there are many suppliers producing diagnostic kits. The report analyzes the threat of substitutes and new entrants to this market. The Malaria diagnostic market is experiencing a surge in growth due to global initiatives to reduce the deaths caused by this disease. The report describes the efforts taken by governments for the widespread use of diagnostics. The key investment regions are analyzed based on future growth potential of this market.
- In depth analysis of various geographic segments would help companies make strategic plans for each region
- Competitive analysis of key players helps in understanding the business strategies implemented by them
- Porter’s five forces model and SWOT analysis would enable stakeholders to make strategic decisions for business development
- Market estimations of the malaria diagnostic market are given, which would help in making development plans
- Identification of key challenges that have to be overcome to achieve success in this market are discussed
Malaria Diagnostics Market is segmented by technique and geography.
Malaria Diagnostics Market by technique
- Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDT)
- Molecular Diagnostics
Malaria Diagnostics Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Future Industry Insight (FII) encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With FII’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to: Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
Analyst tools and models
Future Industry Insight (FII) has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, FII’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.