World Prostate Cancer Market – Opportunities and Forecasts, 2017-2023
- Report Number: 180918020
The global prostate cancer market is poised to grow at an exponential pace, primarily due to the mounting prevalence of prostate cancer, rapidly aging population and strong bolstering pipeline. The market would undergo a transformation during the analysis period, attributed by emerging product launches and line extensions opted for existing therapies. Limited treatment options along with a booming patient pool has generated the need for novel effective therapies with enhanced survival benefits and minimal adverse effects.
Enhanced diagnosis and incidence rates in developed economies largely drive the market growth. In addition, strong emerging pipeline, improved R&D investment by drug innovators and increasing awareness would further boost the market growth. Conversely, uncertain reimbursement policies and the high cost incurred due to combination therapies and prolonged treatment durations are expected to curtail the market growth.
The unmet medical need for complete treatment would provide lucrative growth opportunities for innovators to address the untapped market potential in future. Furthermore, developing regions with rapid urbanization, sedentary lifestyle, rising awareness and improving healthcare access would offer attractive opportunities for innovators.
As the market mainly depends on improved overall survival, managing the drug lifecycle would be a key challenge for innovators to sustain in the prostate cancer market. Further, looming patent cliffs of leading drugs such as Zytiga, would translate into an opportunity for new entrants.
Few of the key strategies adopted by leading players in the market are new product launch and acquisitions. In August 2013, Johnson and Johnson acquired Aragon Pharmaceuticals (developing the late-stage prostate cancer molecule, ARN-509). Recently, Astellas in collaboration with Medivation launched Xtandi in various countries for the treatment of metastatic CRPC.
The report fragments the prostate cancer market on the basis of cancer type, therapy type and geography. Based on cancer type, the market is segmented into hormone sensitive prostate cancer and hormone refractory prostate cancer. Based on therapy type, the market is further segmented into chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy. The report covers a geographic breakdown and a detailed analysis of each of the aforesaid segments across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Astellas, Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi S.A, Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS), Bayer AG, and others are also provided in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- A comprehensive analysis helps to identify the key market trends and dynamics in the global Prostate Cancer market
- Extensive research is done for the market by therapy type which instils a clear understanding regarding the currently used hormonal therapy and targeted therapy drugs, evolving role of immunotherapies and in-line extensions opted for existing drugs
- The studies evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account in this report to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies
- The prostate cancer market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in accordance with the key regions
- The report covers the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- Owing to an emerging pipeline in the prostate cancer market, clinical studies have also been taken into account to better understand the market potential and opportunities
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
- A detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Global Prostate Cancer market segmentation is illustrated below:
Prostate Cancer Market By Type
- Hormone sensitive prostate cancer
- Hormone refractory prostate cancer
Prostate Cancer Market By Therapy
- Cytotoxic drugs
- Hormonal Therapy
- LHRH Antagonists
- LHRH Analogs
- Targeted Therapy
- Apoptosis inducing drugs
- Angiogenesis inhibitor
- Signal transduction inhibitor
Prostate Cancer Market By Geography
- North America
- United States
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Future Industry Insight (FII) encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With FII’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to: Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
Analyst tools and models
Future Industry Insight (FII) has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, FII’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.