Xylitol Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2017 – 2025
- Report Number: 18091893
Xylitol is a five carbon sugar alcohol derived primarily from agricultural activties and is used in sugar free products along with sorbitol and mannitol. Xylitol is naturally found in low concentrations in the fibers of fruit and vegetables such as mushrooms, oats and berries. Xylitol is produced from the hydrogenation process of xylose which converts the sugar into primary alcohol. It is considered as the natural sweetener and has experienced a steady growth rate over the years. Xylitol inhibits the growth of the bacteria which causes dental infections.
Rising number of diabetic population is a major factor driving the demand for xylitol. Further, dental problems due to cavities and gum infection across the globe are also responsible for the rising demand for xylito. Xylitol is considered as a substitute of sugar and it expands the choices of consumption of food and beverages products among the consumers also ensuring the control of calorie intake. It is considered as food additive that has almost the same taste of sugar but do not contain the same amount of calories as compared to sugar. Xylitol provides a sweet flavor and are thus beneficial for the patients suffering from diabetes. Manufacturers over the years have engaged themselves in continuous research and development activities in order to develop new products and to satisfy the rising demands for sugar free products. Prevention of health related problems associated with diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol has become a global phenomenon among the population thus triggering the growth of the xylitol market. Xylitol also plays a major role in weight control, thus the same has shown significant rise and has resulted in the rise in consumption of xylitol infused products in recent years.
However stringent government rules and regulations on xylitol as sweeteners are restraining the global xylitol market. There are several regulatory bodies such as Food and Drug association that have their own regulations regarding the usages of xylitol. Thus this results to delays towards introduction of new xylitol infused products.
Rising research potential towards development of new products among the manufacturers in the developing regions such as Asia Pacific and Middle East are generating growth opportunities to the global xylitol market in recent years. This is mainly due to the rising number of diabetic population coupled with awareness regarding obesity which has also shifted the focus of the manufacturers towards developing low calorie food products thus being able to address the health requirements of the consumers.
The global xylitol market has been segmented into by form and by application. By form the global xylitol market has been segmented into solid, liquid and powdered form. Liquid form dominated the market due to its easy accessibility and soluble nature. The market has been further segmented into by application namely food and beverage products, confectionery, dairy products, pharmaceuticals and others which include table top sweeteners and cereal products. Beverage segment dominated the global xylitol market due to increased demand for sugar free products among the population across the globe followed by confectionary products.
In the region wise study the global xylitol market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. Asia Pacific which includes China, India, Japan and Rest of Asia Pacific witnessed to capture the largest market share. This region also anticipated to be the fastest growing during the forecast period due to growing opportunities from the continuous research and development among the manufacturers in developing new products and shifting trend of consumer from sugar products to sugar free products. Europe which includes U.K. Germany France, Italy and rest of Europe also captured a significant market share followed by North America which includes U.S. and Rest of North America.
Global key participants of global xylitol market include Cargill Inc., E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company, Ingredion Inc., Mitsubishi Shoji Foodtech Co., Ltd., Novagreen Inc., Roquette Freres Inc., Xylitol Canada Inc., S2G Biochem, Zuchem Inc., among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Future Industry Insight (FII) encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With FII’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to: Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
Analyst tools and models
Future Industry Insight (FII) has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, FII’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.